Sign up for our one-on -one mentorship program
Mentorship program: The caring professionals at Maternal Treasures Parent Care Center , are ready to listen to your concerns and needs, is available @324-3191 or you can email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a pregnancy center that offers:
- Pregnancy Help
- 100% confidential service
- Free pregnancy tests
- Education & classes
- Medical referrals
Our mentorship program helps to give you the peace of mind and reassurance . We would love to see you before your pregnancy with a pre-pregnancy visit to discuss what you need to do before getting pregnant and how your prenatal visits will be about. Most of all what you need to watch out for. We also partner with you during your trimesters to help you understand what is going on, answer all your questions, and give you informed choices.
Breastfeeding classes: Our breastfeeding classes are second to none!
- Breastfeeding is one of the most important things you can do for your baby. Congratulations! on making the choice to BF!
- The importance of appropriate infant feeding and the vital role played by breastfeeding in child survival, growth and development are well known. Breastfeeding helps to protect the infant against some of the major causes of childhood morbidity and mortality.
- It is currently recommended that starting within one hour of birth, infants should be exclusively breastfed for the first six months of life, and that breastfeeding should continue up to 2 years of age or beyond.
- Unfortunately, infant feeding practices are still far from optimal; in many parts of the world rates of exclusive breastfeeding are low and many women stop breastfeeding earlier than they intended to.
- It is estimated that 1.5 million lives could be saved each year if infants were fed according to recommended breastfeeding practices.
- Research has also shown an association between duration of breastfeeding and reduction in risk of childhood obesity and cardiovascular diseases in later life.
BENEFITS: Your baby is smarter, healthier, with less chances of diarrhea, constipation, and vomiting. Breastfeeding also promotes bonding. It is always at the right temperature . It as cheaper and helps you to loose weight. Research has also shown that it reduces the risk of you getting cancer, and dental caries. These are amazing reasons to want to breastfeed your little star.
The Benefits of Childbirth classes:
are a great way to help get mom and her labor partner prepared for the birthing experience.
- Calm your fears and prepare for birth – Fear of the unknown and how your labor will un-fold is one of the most common fears we see in pregnant women. In fact, it’s one of the first things we try to address to help ease any tension you and your labor partner might be feeling.
- Opportunity to ask questions – It’s no secret moms-to-be and the birth partner often have a variety of questions and concerns about childbirth. Childbirth classes are a great resource for you to ask questions freely and get accurate information.
- Knowledge of options and choices– We believe in “freedom of choice based on knowledge of alternatives” and want to set every mom up for a successful birth. The common goal of all of our birthing classes is to provide you with the confidence you need to give birth and to make informed decisions during your birth process.
- Bond with your labor partner (s) – Childbirth classes not only prepares couples for birthing and parenting but also promotes well-being and increased intimacy in couples. This is a great way to spend time with your labor partner while learning about the birth experience. Your partner also gets to understand you during your pregnancy.
- Pain management with breathing and relaxation techniques – Above all, childbirth classes will emphasize the role of the support person and comfort measures for birth. We want to make sure mom and her labor partner have all the tools they need to birth with or alternative comfort measures without medication. You also get a chance to ask your questions and seek answers to your concerns with your # 1 midwife!
This test is called a nonstress test. It is an invasive test to see how your baby is generally doing. It helps the healthcare team assess your baby’s heart which depicts fetal well being. It tells us if your baby is getting enough oxygen which is very important for the development of your baby’s organs and tissues.
Your baby’s heart rate should increase with every movement, so when you feel the baby move press this monitor. The test is for about 20 -40 minutes depending on various factors e.g. if baby is sleeping, or you did not eat or drink, can produce a poor test.
You can prepare by eating and drinking 15- 30 minutes before the test and coming out of the time when baby is used to sleeping.
What do you look for during the test?
We use 2 tools on your tummy called a
- transducer for the which can pick up FHR &
- a toco for the contractions
We look for certain markers that are normal and abnormal to make an assessment on the baby’s condition. The test can fall into 3 categories:
Prepregnancy counseling: is available. Get the facts before getting pregnant to ensure a happy, safe, healthy pregnancy. Book an appointment today.
Free pregnancy testing: There is FREE pregnancy testing. If you think you may be pregnant, stop by to get your free test and advice.
Free grief counseling
Are you pregnant and are not sure? Are you sure that you are pregnant but need someone to talk to? Are you depressed because of the news that you are pregnant? We provide counseling on these important matters.
Make an appointment now!
Confirm by calling 324-3191
Sign up today for your pregnancy companion – Your understanding pregnancy handouts and guides. Includes important information on:
- Caesarean birth- reducing the risks
- Comfort techniques in labor!
- Labor – Making the best of it!
- Medical procedures in hospital
- Your newborn care
- Postpartum care & warnings
- Learn about warning signs & when to call your doctor or go to the hospital
- Learn about preeclampsia, perinatal mood disorders, new dads checklist, comfort measures
- Questions to ask your healthcare provider
- Reducing the risk of SIDS- sudden infant death syndrome
Get your pregnancy companion now @
Here is another treat for you- Our online newborn care series
If you are pregnant or just had your little star, sign up NOW for this FREE education of how -to -care for your newborn series
No need to fear, we are equipping you with everything you need to manage your little star.