Hello to all the great moms out there! You deserve every moment of happiness. Agree? Yes of course you do. I mean I am a mom of not 1, not 2, not 3, but 5 children! That’s a lot of I know🙄 . We moms really do a lot of things that the world cannot do without. Just imagine a world where there is no woman?
Close your eyes and just think for a second. Yea right there is no world without moms. Really!!!! Being a mom is a special gift to the world. You are nurturing the next generation. God has given you this ability so never doubt that you do not have what it takes to groom your kids for the world. You can do it mama. Happiness is important if you are going to be a better mom. Like they say if mama ain’t happy, nobody else is. So true huh.😍
Here are 11 powerful tips to becoming a better and happier mom:
1.Put everything in God’s hand
This was truly the best ever thing I did that helped me become a better and happier mom and I know it can work for you too. I had my kids very close. They grew up between 1-2 years apart. Which means they everyone after my eldest enjoyed hand- me -downs, if you know what I mean. To make it even easier, I had five girls. I was difficult at times when trying to juggle life; but it got better as they grew older. Do you know what I did mama? I committed my life and the life of my children into God’s hands and it has been a great journey ever since.
In Proverbs 3:5.6 God tells us in ALL our ways to acknowledge Him and He will direct our paths. This is what I did that made things so much easier in organizing my life. He gave me directions that made my life so much easier. I encourage you today to ask Him to do the same for you.
2.Never have a reason to love them
- Yes mama I know they can get under your skin!!! but that does not give you the authority to take any love away. You are suppose to love them no matter what they do. Just like Jesus did when He came to earth. He love us in spite of how we were.
- The constant warmth of someone who loves them is the most powerful blessing we can give to our kids.
- Spend time with your children and demonstrate your love for them in as many ways as possible.
- Your child will have the ability to face any challenge life throws at them, if they know someone out there in the world unconditionally loves them and cares about their well-being, whether it is through a well-timed hug, reading a good story, or a delicious home-cooked meal.
- Love them unconditionally. Show them affection often This includes hugging ,kissing, holding, playing, and of course sitting down and talking with them. Children grow fast so being actively involved in their lives is important. One day they are no longer going to be the little boy or girl you see today.
3. Be the mirror that they see
A lot of times while I was growing up I observed that some adults did things that they did not want them to do e.g. lying, stealing, or being dishonest . Mamas this was something I strived for so hard to do because I know they were always watching me. And to be honest I wanted them to trust me. I did not want to live a lie but live with a good conscience knowing that I was doing the right thing in the eyes of God. I often heard adults saying don’t do as I do, do what I say to do”. This is setting a bad example for our little stars. Always be the model for your child.
I want you to realize that God gave us children for a reason -to make this world a better place of course. I have discovered that if we are honest with ourselves, then we can also be happier in our lives realizing that we are setting the pace for the next generation of world class leaders.
4. Spend quality time with your child
- Oh this is a big one! Nowadays things have sped up so fast in family life. I don’t think it is now how it was when I was growing up.
- Until the recent Corona virus pandemic, families were drifting apart. I remember playing hop-scotch, shooting marbles, playing house hold games like connect four, monopoly, bingo, and checkers with my kids.
- We ate meals around the dinner table and prayer before we ate. We shared the bible with our kids- reading stories and scripture verses and helped them with school homework and projects. It was so much fun and eye to eye contact.
- Today the family is often bombarded with main contact through a computer or phone. Then lastly prayed with them before going to bed and before drop off at school the next day.
- “From developmental milestones to simple heart to hearts, three-quarters of parents polled experienced a key moment, which they otherwise may have missed, with their children while in lockdown.”
- This is the results from a recent study According to new research, 3 out of 4 American parents witnessed a pivotal moment in their child’s life during lock downs.
- The survey of 2,000 Americans, approximately 1,200 parents, inquired about their time spent sheltering in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the benefits of being close to family.
5. Know that kids will make mistakes
- No one is perfect, and it is normal to make mistake as a child. In fact we who are adults are still making mistakes right?
- Allowing your child to make mistakes is a great way to teach them that their actions have consequences, and the event serves as a great reference point for future lessons.
- For example, your child lost his lunch bag at school, you can help them understand that the value of the bag is not there any longer and another one would have to be bought to put his lunch in which takes more time and money.
- In other cases, you can use the lesson to forewarn them about upcoming difficulties. “Be careful with this new bag; we don’t want to have to buy a new one again, right? So take good care of it ok?
- Having concrete examples of previous mistakes aids in avoiding new screw ups. I used this technique and it helped them to become more aware and protective of their belongings.
- You are teaching them responsibility here. Some times I would also give incentives if they took really good care of their belongings.
6.Discipline with explanation
- It is inevitable that children will quiet often do things that require discipline.
- Also keep in mind that when you give your child a time-out, make sure they understand how their bad behavior has directly impacted the people around them.
- This is something I always lived by. Growing up it was never explained to me , but I made sure I did this with my kids.
- For example if they stole something that I would use bible verse to help them understand that God is first of all displeased with the behavior.
- Explain to them that they have no right to other people’s property without permission. Empathy for others is one of the most powerful ways to instill moral values in children.
- When they are aware that one of their actions has caused pain or harm to someone they care about, they are less likely to repeat the same action.
7.Let their creativity grow, grow, grow
- Let your sense of wonder run wild by allowing him or her to sing, dance, paint, draw, color, or write.
- It is a wonderful and amazing for children to express and share their emotions, and it provides insight into how they perceive the world around them.
- Don’t pass judgment on the end result; instead, encourage the creative act, whatever it may be. Instead of saying, “Wonderful drawing!” try, “Tell me about this drawing.”
- Your genuine interest, rather than automatic praise, will instill confidence in their abilities and lay the groundwork for good communication skills when they are older.
- This also encourages good, open communication between you and your child.
8. Believe in your motherly instincts
- This is truly a gift from God. There were times when my kids were growing up ,
- I was not sure what to do. Some times I would ask my mom or other experienced relatives for advice.
- I listened to them and most of the time I did what I thought was the best for my children. It’s ok to hear their point of view, but it is better to go with your gut feeling.
- And as always I relied on God to direct my path and He always did.
- I am saying I was perfect all the time, of course not, there were times when I could have made better decisions of which I learned from.
- I encourage you to use your mistakes as a teaching ground.
9.Ease up on you😋
- We all make mistakes. The most effective way to overcome the hardest problems is to remind ourselves that we are doing our best with what we have.
- Mistakes happen all the time. When they do, don’t ease up on yourself
- . Mistakes, with your children, are momentary, but your identity it is only you are a decent parent only wanting the best for your kids.
- When I made mistakes as a mom , I felt bad yes, but I quickly forgave myself and moved on to the next adventure. Have you ever did something that you should not have done as a mom? Yea I know you felt bad too right? Always forgive yourself and keep moving forward.
10.Say I’m sorry when you are wrong😌
- Many times during my parenthood growing up my children,
- I always believed that I should say I am sorry if I did something wrong to my kids.
- For example , there was a time when I punished my oldest daughter for something I thought she did, when I found out later that she did not do it. Its ok if you did something wrong to your child to say you are sorry and explain.
- This helps them to know that you are aware that it was wrong and you are sorry that it happened.
- Additionally, it also brings home the point that saying you are sorry when you are wrong brings peace with you and them. So in other words it mends relationships together.
11. Get help and have lots of fun😁
- Mama I know being a parent can be a frustrating, thankless job at times, and we all need a break. We all get burn out as moms every now and then.
- Have some fun . Every week choose a special day to celebrate something or take a breather. Yes this is what I did and it works.
- Never be afraid to seek assistance or advice from your parents or friends.
- Another perspective on a difficult situation can be lifesaving, and when others offer a moment of rest or relaxation from the business of mothering, don’t be afraid to accept it.
- Take it with joy. Because you deserve to have happiness. If mama is not happy, then no one else is happy.
- A well-planned afternoon or evening off can do wonders for recharging your parenting energy for the coming days.
- Many times hubby and I planned our date nights.
- Ours was on Fridays. We would go for a ride, or meet up with friends, go for a walk and just spend that quality time together.
- Planning a schedule can also be helpful and keep you organized. Smile and be happy with your kids. I remember tickling them until they almost cried with joy.. They loved it and so did I.
Moms are truly phenomenal. We are so many things. I know these eleven things if you try them you will surely be a happier and most certainly a better mom. Here are your reminders to put in practice:
- Put everything in God’s hands
- Never have a reason to love them- That’s what parents do. We love unconditionally.
- Be the mirror that they see- You are their role model for life
- Spend quality time with them- Time with your kids is one of the best investment you can give them and yourself.
- Know that your kids will make mistakes. Remember we are adults and we still do!
- Discipline with explanation- Keep the reasoning clear and precise.
- Let their creativity to flourish- They will often surprise you. Kids are smart and get smarter if their creativity is freed up. Let them fly under your supervision
- Believe in your motherly instincts- God gave this gift to you. Use it for best results you want to see in your child.
- Ease up on you -Don’t be so hard on yourself. Forgive yourself and keep moving forward.
- Say you are sorry when you are wrong- We should not expect our children to apologize when they are wrong and we get away. No lets keep the relationship with our kids intact by admitting that we were wrong and are sorry.
- Get help when needed and have lots of fun. Try to avoid getting burned out as a mom and I know it is hard at times to do. Know that you gat this mama.
We have come to the end of our lesson: 11 Powerful Ways to Be a Happy and Better Mom. I hope you not only enjoyed it but also put these principles into practice. Thank you for stopping by . I truly hope that after implementing these practices into your life you become that phenomenal mom and happy mom you aspire to be.
Please like, share, comment, or ask a question if you like. Before you go I have 2 questions for you 🤔. Here it goes, What are some of the things you are facing as a mom at this time in your life? and what topics would you like for me to share with you? Let me know in the comments below.
Lets be friends! Connect with me @
Pinterest @ (6) Pinterest
Download our new eBook 30 Daily Positive Quotes for Anxiety During Pregnancy
Download now @
[…] Travel during pregnancy: 9 expert tips to keep you safe […]
[…] Covid 19- vaccines during pregnancy or breastfeeding: What are the benefits and risks […]
[…] three times to fill the same bottle. It’s not a competition, and there’s a wide range of normal. You…
[…] Skin Care During Pregnancy: 6 Bold Steps to Great Looking Skin you need to know! […]
[…] Breastfeeding and your baby’s immune system: How to build it up […]