Comfort during pregnancy should always be one of the aims of a pregnant woman. Lets think about it. You are in this for nine months right? So lets make the best of it. Today I am going to share with you the secrets of having real comfort while pregnant; especially coming down to the last 2 months.
This site contains affiliate links. As am associate I earn a small commission if you make a purchase through my links. Thank you for your consideration.
Pregnancy can be accompanied by intense joy, but also some pain and one of the pain points is your comfort. When you are pregnant, your body goes through a number of changes under the influence of hormones. Here are some simple skills you can use to ensure that you remain happy during pregnancy. Maximizing your sleep is what you want and need. Here are some practical tips:
1. Manage your backaches
Backache is the most common complaint among pregnant women. As your uterus expands, your back curves inward to keep your body balanced. Backache is caused by this shift in posture to varying degrees.
- It is important to maintain good posture. Straighten your back as you sit, stand, and walk.
- Make good use of the body mechanics. Instead of bending at the waist while picking something up off the floor, bend your knees.
- High heels should be avoided at all costs.
2. Aim for a good sleep
Sleep is important for both you and baby.
When dosing off to sleep, finding a suitable sleeping position for your baby will possibly become more difficult as he or she grows.
- Pillows should be used to make yourself as comfortable as possible. Use pillows. Put a few extra pillows in bed with you. You can use an extra-long pregnancy pillow, or just any extra pillow you have lying around. Put one under your belly and between your legs to raise your abdomen and support your back and hips.
- Within 2 to 3 hours of bedtime, avoid consuming a big meal or drinking liquids.
- It’s important to remember to lie on your side. Seek professional help if you are not sleeping well. Sleep is important because it affects what you do during the day. A rested brain can think clearer and make the best decisions.
3. Its okay to take a break Mama!
It’s Best To Take A Break
The baby growing inside of you uses a lot of energy, so take advantage of every opportunity to rest or sleep.
- Pay attention to the body. Sleep or lie down with your feet up if you’re tired.
- Falling asleep and going to bed early can indeed benefit.
- Prevent the urge to work late or take on additional obligations. You deserve a break.
4. Stay hydrated:Drink when you are thirsty!
It’s important to stay hydrated while expecting. Water is beneficial to both you and your baby’s kidney and liver functions.
- Constipation and exhaustion can be alleviated by drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day.
- Caffeine and sugary beverages, which can dehydrate you, should be minimized.
- To prevent heartburn, drink liquids in between meals rather than with them.
5.Be prepared and train your belly
Morning sickness, which affects approximately half of all pregnant women, is most likely caused by hormonal changes. It can also happen at any time of day.
In your room, store crackers, dry cereal, or bread. Before you get out of bed in the morning, eat a small amount slowly.
Every day, eat 5 to 6 small meals. Never go without food for long periods of time, and don’t overfill your stomach when you eat. When getting out of bed, do it slowly to avoid hypotension – low blood pressure due to low blood circulation to the brain. This can cause dizziness which can lead to nausea.
Give yourself some love
With your body out of balance during pregnancy, getting a handle on grooming can do your mind a lot of good. When you can, get a mani-pedi, particularly if you haven’t been able to touch (or even see) your toes in a few months (just be sure to get your polish on in a well-ventilated room and skip the blade for removing calluses).
A scalp treatment or a massage might be just what you need to tame your frizzies and soothe your frazzles (just make sure the therapist is trained in prenatal rubdowns). Are you a waxing fanatic? Make an appointment for a bikini wax a week before your due date so you’ll have just one thing to worry about when it comes time to meet your daughter.
Staying comfortable during pregnancy is paramount for a pregnant woman. I hope I was able to give you some comfort today. If you are having issues with your sleep, seek professional help because your sleep and comfort matters! I am so happy you stopped here today. I wish you a happy, and healthy pregnancy. Know that God is always there for us in every circumstance so I encourage you to trust Him to help you out. Cast every care on Him. Please like, comment on this post. It is greatly appreciated. If you are a dad -to-be take good care of your woman and baby. They deserve it. Check out our facebook page @https://maternaltreasuresparentcarecenter, linkedIn- MarilynSmith @ linkedIn, Instagram -marilynsmith_3291, Pinterest- https://www.breastifriend.