Hello Mamas and dads. I hope you are all doing great. Mama is now between 28 -40 weeks. Congratulations! You have reached the last lap of this journey. This is the maximum threshold of your pregnant life for this season. It is a season of great anticipation, expectancy, and thrills . You will see your little star very soon. You are nine months, full term at 39 weeks. You need to realize that some moms -to-be go into labor 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after the due date. Anxiety is quite normal during the third trimester.
One of the things with the third trimester is it can accompany some stressful situations. I have seen many moms become frustrated because they are tired of being pregnant, cannot sleep, your due date is gone with no signs of labor, and become anxious about labor and delivery process. Relax mama! I have been there. Stay positive no matter what. Keep your mind occupied with good thoughts that will empower you to stay strong.
As you know too much of anything is not good. Too much stress and anxiety can bring challenges for both baby and mom. I am going to give you some tips on how to overcome anxiety during the third trimester. Understanding how anxiety woks in pregnancy empowers you to be strong and courageous during this phase of your life.
Control Anxiety and Fears
Many mothers to be experience anxiety during the third trimester. I was one of them as a first time mom. First time moms to be have higher anxiety levels because of many factors. For me one of the ears was, I heard it said that when a woman is pregnant, she has one foot on the land and one on the under earth. This was scary for me. Fear of the unknown also exists and you are constantly hoping that everything goes well. This a time where you can become overwhelmed and just tired of being pregnant.
All hope is not loss mama! To alleviate anxiety you can implement journaling, work out with an exercise, watch a fun movie, shopping for you and baby, hang out with your partner or bestie, pray to God, do your favorite things. Staying busy doing the things you love can make a big difference.
Crying easily during the third trimester is common
Oh I remember this one. I always laugh at myself when I think about it. Additionally, many of my clients also experience this one. Dads reading this you probably know what I am talking about. I found my self crying for the simplest things during the third trimester. Crying moments are more likely to happen at certain times of pregnancy, when hormone levels rise.
Here are some reasons why this happens
During pregnancy there are a lot of ups and downs both physically and especially emotionally. It really can be like a roller coaster ride. The reason being because of three basic hormones. Lets talk about them. They are estrogen, progesterone, and human chorionic gonadotropin.
Estrogen, the overwhelming female hormone delivered by the ovaries
Progesterone, the hormone capable for keeping up the uterine lining, created by the corpus luteum early in pregnancy and the placenta late in pregnancy.
The human chorionic gonadotropin, way better known as hCG, delivered by the placenta. Changes in hormone levels cause changes in neurotransmitters, chemicals that hand-off signals to your brain to control your dispositions. In 1999, research within the diary “Psychoneuroendocrinology” found that higher progesterone levels within the last two months of pregnancy is related with more mood changes.
Guard your personal security during these times
Pregnancy , because of its hormonal effects, can bring on so many serious challenges in our relationships with people. Relationship stresses, financial concerns and worries about what kind of a parent you’ll be can all cause mood swings. If you have serious stresses in your life, talking to a counselor may help relieve some of your fears and anxieties.
Seek help if needed: If your anxiety and worries seem to getting too much, I advise that you try some of the advice given in this post and if it persists, seek medical or professional help.
Understanding hormones during the third trimester
- Low birth weight: Did you know that too much anxiety during pregnancy could cause your baby to have a low birth weight? This happens when your blood vessels closes, causing a restriction in blood flow. As you can imagine decreased blood flow can cause dangerous challenges to you and your baby. The blood has oxygen, and vital nutrients to sustain your little star’s life.
- Stay calm as much as possible: Mamas, try not to take on too much stress because it can can hurt your baby inevitably. You do have some control of how you handle your stress. We all know that life happens. How you deal with it can have a positive or a negative impact on you.
- Many moms to be often worry about pain, labor and delivery during this time: Taking a childbirth class can greatly reduce your anxiety about childbirth. During a childbirth class you can ask questions, and speak directly with your nurse or midwife.
- Taking too much stress may decrease the brain advancement of the child. This may afterward cause behavior issues within the child too. Stress may indeed lead to preterm births. Typically one of the foremost common impacts of taking stretch amid the third trimester. Medicine agrees that there’s a coordinate relationship between preterm births and stress.
- Increase for infections are increased: Stress may lead to an increase in the intrauterine infections of women. The increase of stress hormones leads to a decrease in the optimal functioning of the the of the immune system which finally leads to these infections.
- Stress take in can affect your little star: The mother makes the upcoming child more prone to stressful situations in the future. This is because the cortisol level increases in women when they take the stress, and it would not have a good impact on the child’s future.
Pregnancy is indeed an emotional and physical roller coaster that can have either good or bad effect on your life. There are many changes that can occur. I encourage you to stay strong in God. I was able to trust Him to help me get through the tough times. So mama, take it easy during this time to ensure that you give you and your baby the best pregnancy ever. Here is a great video on the third trimester pregnancy. Thanks for stopping by. Please like /comment if you liked this post. I hope everything you dream for your pregnancy works out well. Remember to put God first hope for the best. I wish you a safe, healthy pregnancy.
It is here!!
Breast fed is best fed ‘s NEWBORN CARE ONLINE COURSE Enjoy, learning how-to -care for your newborn-Get yours today
Sign up now!