What exactly is morning sickness? Morning sickness is nausea and vomiting that happens when you’re pregnant. I remember during my pregnancies, I suddenly had some strange things happening to me. I hated my best cologne, soap, and gravy. It was so amazing. These things I loved were all o a sudden making me sick. And lets not forget the waking up to brush your teeth. Sometimes before you go you feel your mouth watering and you pray oh no I do not want to vomit. As you brush your teeth, you begin to become nauseous and then the vomiting begins.
Just so you know, Breast Fed Is Best Academy may earn commissions from shopping links on this post. You are free to make any purchase you’d like through these links.
Can any of you identify with me? Since your sense of smell is extra keen when you’re expecting, you may also have strong aversions to certain foods and smells. It generally begins and ends between weeks 12 to 16 of pregnancy, with symptoms at their worst between weeks 10 to 16.
The “morning” part of this pregnancy symptom, however, is quite a misnomer. If you’re among the estimated three in four expecting moms who suffer from morning sickness symptoms, you know that nausea and vomiting can actually hit at any time of the day or night. My husband would first break the news because he would have the symptoms before me! Some women actually experience this bad feeling all day and to the end of pregnancy. Morning sickness usually occurs during the first 3 months of pregnancy which we call the first time
What are the signs and symptoms of morning sickness?
Typical symptoms of morning sickness include:
- A nauseous, queasy feeling in the first trimester of pregnancy that many pregnant women liken to seasickness or carsickness
- Queasiness that often comes in the morning but can surface at any time of the day or night
- Strong aversions to certain smells and foods that are so powerful they can make you sick to your stomach
- A seasick feeling that’s often either accompanied or immediately followed by hunger pangs
- A nausea that strikes after eating, while brushing teeth
- A nausea that’s so strong it can lead to vomiting
When should I consider seeing a doctor?
You should consider seeing a doctor if:
- The nausea or vomiting is severe
- You pass only a small amount of urine or it’s dark in color
- You can’t keep down liquids
- You feel dizzy or faint when you stand up
- Your heart races
Morning sickness itself doesn’t harm your baby. However you should see your doctor if you can’t keep foods or liquids down and are starting to lose weight. Your doctor will want to rule out hyperemesis gravidarum, or serious morning sickness that may require medical attention and possibly hospitalization to protect you and your baby. If left untreated, severe nausea and vomiting can cause dehydration, an electrolyte imbalance, decreased urination and hospitalization.
What causes nausea and vomiting in pregnancy?
No studies have proven what causes morning sickness but there are some scientist who believe that hormonal increase is the culprit.
How does one prevent morning sickness?
There’s no way to completely prevent morning sickness. There are however different ways you can help to relieve the symptoms. However, avoiding triggers such as strong odors, excessive fatigue, spicy foods and foods high in sugar may help.
Morning sickness is a minor ailment of pregnancy . Most women experience these symptoms and recover very well . You can try out some of the suggestions. I hope you recover quickly and safely. May God bless and keep you and yours always. Feel free to like, comment, or question if you’d like and please visit again.
Here is Some help for you if you are experiencing morning sickness
Pink Stork Nausea Support: Morning Sickness Relief for Pregnant Women + Nausea Relief Supplement with Vitamin B12 + Ginger to Reduce Dizziness + Motion Sickness, Women-Owned, 60 Capsules
Place of purchase: Amazon
About this item
- Nausea relief: This product relieves nausea, morning sickness, headaches, eases cramps, reduces inflammation, and aids in digestion. Take 2 small capsules per day, 60 vegetarian capsules total, 30-day supply.
- Hydration + energy support: Supports healthy energy levels by enhancing electrolytes and improving hydration.
- Clean: Made without gluten, wheat, dairy, sugars/sweeteners, soy, genetically modified ingredients, + more. Proudly made in America, third-party tested.
- All the essentials: Includes key ingredients such as ginger, peppermint, vitamins B6 + B12, vitamins C + D, magnesium, Himalayan pink sea salt, + more to provide nausea relief.
- Women-owned + run: Our founder + chief executive officer is a woman and 82% of our employees are women. We are faithfully female and are committed to creating a community of strong, driven, and healthy women while glorifying God in everything we do. You can find out more here. I highly recommend this product to relieve your morning sickness. If you prefer not to take pills , there are sweet lozenges you can take below
Grab your freebie Now- HERE IS YOUR FREE PROMOCODE –M294429 TO GET YOUR GIFT OF 10 PAIRS OF BREAST PADS– Mother’s Lounge – For all of your Baby Needs CONGRATULATIONS!!! & Enjoy. USE THIS CODE TO MAKE ANY PURCHASE
- – Get This FREE eBook With Done – For-You Delicious Keto Recipes To Help You CURB YOUR APPETITE & Reach Goals in the Fastest and Most Enjoyable way! GET IT NOW!!