Every parent or teacher desires to see their child read. Parents I have some important information to share with you about why reading is so important for your child.
Reading is an essential skill all children must learn in order to become successful at school, at home, and in the community. Why? Because reading is required to understand most other topics. Most of a child’s learning is done from reading the writing on a blackboard or in books, magazines, and workbooks from the teacher.
The capability to read is crucial. After all, if a child can’t read those items, how is it possible to answer math, science, or social studies questions? It’s not possible! The better a child can read, the easier it will be for them to learn what they need to in school.
There are plenty of approaches to encourage your child to read. Remember, they are a child, so get them involved by allowing reading to be entertaining, fun, and enjoyable. It would be of great benefit to your child if you consider choosing fun reading games to play (like reading signs) while walking them to school, driving them someplace, or while you’re out shopping.
When my kids were young , I knew that reading was crucial to being smart, so I tried teaching them as soon a they were about three years old. Nowadays, children are learning to read as little as 2 years old! This is amazing!
10.Reasons why You should help your child to read
1. Cognitive (mental processing) abilities are acquired: Reading develops a child’s imagination and creativity, and is a great approach to support your child to dream! In addition, reading supports logical thinking and problem solving skills.
2. Better communication skills: In addition to the contact they have with you during reading time, your child is developing useful communication skills by observing the interactions between the characters in the books. It is also a great opportunity to spend quality time together and bond with your child. Many children, as they get older, have fond memories of times spent reading with parents.
3. Smarter children: The more a child reads, the more a child learn. The more a child learns, the more they understand. The more a child knows, the more intelligent they are.
4. Reduces Stress: When you’re reading, you sit in a silent location, relax your mind, and focus on whatever it is that you are reading. Your brain slows down, and you’re normally calm. This comfortable state is not dissimilar to meditating, and through reading, your child will profit by acquiring the habit of relaxation.
5. Discipline and increased concentration: Along with reading comprehension comes a stronger self-discipline, a longer attention span, and better memory retention. These traits will serve your child well while learning at school.
6. Develops empathy
Reading is a great way to feel what others are feeling. It helps us to connect with characters and events in the lives of people everywhere. This helps us to also consider our own feelings.
7. Reading is a source of having plain fun
When I was younger, reading was my delight. For some reason I always thought readers were leaders. I remember even when going to the bathroom taking something to read with me. It also amazed me of how I could be in The Bahamas and still read or learn about people all over the world. Yes reading is very adventurous and exciting. Every parent should strive to create a learning environment for their children. It is worth it.
8. Reading helps to build self image in children.
I could imagine the feeling of a child who is laughed at in school because they could not read. This must be torture and extreme embarrassment for a child causing many negative emotions and actions by the child affected.
9. Reading makes the world a better place. I am sure you agree. Can you imagine a world without knowing to read?
10.Become better speakers
When children learn to read, they are gifted with skills to become better speakers as they improve their vocabulary. The more children read, the better they speak, while gaining their confidence. I encourage you to make an effort to teach your child to read today.
Why some children struggle with reading?
There are many reasons why children struggle with reading which may be varied. Reasons why so many children struggle to read are complex and varied. They include:
- Dyslexia. Most researchers believe that dyslexic children struggle with reading because of underlying biological factors. Professor Julian Elliott of Durham University in England is one of the most prominent critics of the term dyslexia. Yet in his book, The Dyslexia Debate, he states:
- The English spelling system is more complicated than that of many other languages. The inconsistencies mean it takes more time and effort to become competent in written English.
- Problems in Schools. There is evidence that teachers in some schools do not consistently use the most effective teaching methods and resources for literacy.
- Lack of funding for quality interventions, large class sizes and behavioral and attendance problems also make it more difficult for schools to support struggling readers.
- Parental issues. Numerous studies indicate that parents have a greater impact on children’s academic achievement than teachers or schools. Parental involvement is especially important for the literacy of English speaking children because of the complexities of the written language. Parents need to read to their children frequently and talk to them often to develop their language skills before they start school. Many parents don’t do this.
- Children also need considerable support at home after they start school because they need lots of practice to master the skills they are taught in the classroom. Some parents don’t provide this support because they think schools should do it all.
Professor Julian Elliott of Durham University in England is one of the most prominent critics of the term dyslexia. Yet in his book, The Dyslexia Debate, he states:“…the primary issue is not whether biologically based reading difficulties exist (the answer is an unequivocal “yes”)…” 3
How can I help my child to read?
I would like to introduce you to this amazing strategy that is working for thousands of parents all over the world you are interested in teaching your child to read easy and fast; check out the link below-
This is a very powerful reading tool that will set your child on a successful path. I highly recommend you give it a try right now.
Right in the comfort of your very own home!
Test this link by clicking to see the wonderful products @first cry you might be interested in purchasing @no extra cost to you.