Providing Excellent Breastfeeding and Mommy Support for Women & their Families
At some point during your pregnancy Mamas, you may experience back ache. My mom used to say when I was having my kids that if I had backache I was having a boy. Well I proved my mom right because I never had backache and I gave birth to 4 girls. lol! scientificully, thats notContinue reading “How To Overcome Backache During Pregnancy: Easy solutions At Your fingertips”
Hello moms everything we are talking about in this post is forty three ways to be a happier and better mom with epic results. I am sure there are many of us out there who want to be just that; a better and a happier mother to our child or children. You may be feelingContinue reading “43 Ways To Be a Happier and Better Mom With Epic Results”
Hello mamas! Have you ever considered the many easy uses of hydrogen peroxide? I am here to share with you the the fact that Hydrogen Peroxide is an amazing product every home should not be without. This multifaced product is truly your friend. I have personally had the privilege of using this amazing product personally.Continue reading “20 Amazing Benefits Of Hydrogen Peroxide All Moms Will Adore!”
Welcome ! Welcome!
Hello and welcome to Maternal Treasures Happy Moms Blog. As always our home is your home away from home. This website was created to provide evidenced based information and my personal experiences on breastfeeding and parenting skills that I am certain will help you to gain some insight and ability to manage your breastfeeding capacity to the max.
I am a believer that breastfeeding and parenting are indeed gifts given to us by God and we should cherish this privilege. As you tour our site , may your future become brightened, and may you learn everything you need to know to make your life more wonderful, enjoyable, inspired, and worth the while.
I am Nurse Marilyn Smith, a nationally board certified and award – winning, clinical nursing officer 1. I specialize in health education in midwifery and health promotion. I am the CEO of Maternal Treasures Parent Care Center in Nassau Bahamas where I offer many services with emphasis on the pregnant population and their families.
I also love blogging. I am so excited to share my knowledge with the world. This is truly amazing opportunity to get to know you. I hope we could be really good friends and connect in a powerful way to bring joy to our lives. Our onsite service center is called Maternal Treasures Parent Care Center.. situated in the beautiful islands of the Bahamas.
We have an excellent team of experts who promote childbirth and breastfeeding classes, counseling, and education on Newborn, postpartum, and, preemie care before or after discharge. Additionally, I am is also the author of the book Kingdom Lifestyles- Kids on a Mission to Shine. I am an advocate for family values. You can find more about me through my social accounts on Twitter, Instagram , and Facebook.
I am the mother of five wonderful children, four of whom I had the privilege of breastfeeding. I enjoyed my breastfeeding moments with my little stars and hope you do too. I do know that not all mothers are able to breastfeed their infants. I want you to know that it is OK.
I also know that not all mothers want to breastfeed. Guess what? That is fine too! Breastfeeding is for whoever can and whoever will. Traditionally, breastfeeding has been around for a long time. We can remember Moses of the Bible being fed by his mother before and after his adoption at a very early age.
My kids are all grown now. So I have lots of treasured memories to help you with. I would love to hear from you so feel free to comment, or ask a question. I like being a mom, despite the fact that there were so many challenges during the process. I hope your mom journey is going pretty good. I want to encourage you to PUT GOD FIRST IN EVERYTHING. I talk to Him about all my worries and concerns.
Breastfeeding is not natural for everyone
Did you know that breastfeeding is not easy for all mothers? Many persons believe that it comes naturally. As we fellowship together, you will learn that breastfeeding can have many challenges, but with the right help they can be overcome. If you are struggling with breastfeeding , I encourage you to seek help as soon as possible. The sooner the better because you do not want your milk to dry up. I have some great content here to help you.
After working in the profession of nursing and Midwifery for the past thirty-seven years, I have seen it all when it comes to breastfeeding. After completing my Midwifery education in 2007, I was compelled to learn all I could about breastfeeding because you needed hope, and confidence to master this skill for your little star.
Think about it, the more mothers breastfeed, the healthier our society becomes with so many benefits that comes along with it.. The choice is up to you. I hope you have a good support system, because it goes a long way in sustaining breastfeeding. I hope you learn a lot and share some of your experiences with me. Remember you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.(Philippians 4:13KJV)
WHY I WANT TO HELP ?
The reason why this site exists is to help those mommies who are desiring to breastfeed their babies to be successful in doing so. I will answer your questions and concerns as needed.
I want to give back what God has blessed me with and that is the gift to make new mothers satisfied, confident, and most of all successful in their motherhood experience.
The Goals of Maternal Treasures Happy Moms Blog are:
- To assist mothers in education and guidance in breastfeeding.
- To foster a national breastfeeding environment within the community.
- To encourage mothers to learn and participate in breastfeeding opportunities for a healthier society.
- To provide an open forum for questions and demonstrations to facilitate successful breastfeeding.
- To reduce preventable diseases among infants and children, e.g. diarrhea, vomiting, Sids, constipation.
- To provide support, confidence, and empowerment to new mothers.
- To encourage mothers -to-be to attend breastfeeding and childbirth classes to maximize their full potential as mothers.
BREASTFED IS BEST-DECIDE TO SUCCEED!
According God we are all winners born to succeed. There is a technique to win in anything we want to achieve. I remember many challenging times during my breastfeeding moments and many times I almost gave up.
I had to decide to be determined, persistent, practice, practice, and more practice and never give up. One of the biggest solutions to my challenges was to ask God to help me along the way. He always did and made me a serial winner. You can become another serial winner like me. This is what I want for you all.
The world Health Organization has recommended breastfeeding for six months -two years, but your decision is for how long you wish to breastfeed. It is personal so do not feel bad if you really only want to do it for a short time. However you must also remember that the longer you breastfeed the greater the rewards.
Let no one fool you mom; breastfeeding is one of the best decisions you could ever make. I have the experience and the evidenced based information to provide you with everything you need to be successful. Its about giving your baby something that no one else can. I hope that my articles are helpful and encouraging. Thanks for visiting and remember my home is your home!
Maternal Treasures Happy Moms Blog has social media affiliations . Check us out on:
Information is provided for educational purposes only. Online information is NOT a substitute for an in-person evaluation by a qualified, independent International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or your health care provider. All material on this website is provided for educational purposes only, although every effort is made to provide accurate and up-to-date information.
Unless otherwise noted, the articles at this website are not written by doctors or other health care professionals. If you are concerned about your health, or that of your child, consult with your health care provider regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.
IF YOU HAVE BREASTFEEDING OR PARENTING QUESTIONS, please browse the articles in our main website and/or ask a question in our Facebook Breastfeeding/Parenting or PREGNANCY Support Group. Keep in mind that online information is NOT a substitute for an in-person evaluation by a qualified, independent International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or your health care provider.
Breast Fed is Best Academy supports the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes and the WHO/UNICEF Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative.
Keep in mind that online information is NOT a substitute for an in-person evaluation by a qualified health care provider.
- Breastfeeding and pregnancy is the main focus of Breast Fed Is Best Academy. I will do my best to help you improve your pregnant journey by providing answers to your pain points.
- Resources (articles, videos, studies, etc.) posted on the blog relate to breastfeeding and/or parenting. The posting of outside articles on the website (or Facebook, Twitter, etc.) should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the position taken in the article. I am posting to inform.
- Comments or content posted by users come from the persons posting the comments and do NOT necessarily reflect the views of Breastfed Academy. Breastfed Academy is in no way responsible or liable for anything posted by others.
- A note about research studies: We frequently post information here on scientific research regarding infant feeding and parenting. Research is a process – there is rarely a final definitive answer, and we incorporate new information into our understanding of an issue as it emerges.
- A scientific study is not a judgment on you – each study is simply a search for another piece of the puzzle. Research studies do not predict anything at all about any particular baby or babies – they look at trends in a large population. If your personal experience was not the same as the trend in a study, it does not mean that the research is invalid.
- Also, keep in mind that statements like “less likely” or “less severe” are not the same as “does not happen at all.” For example, when we look at large groups of babies, the babies who were breastfed have more positive health outcomes, however breastfeeding is NOT a guarantee of good health. About the only thing we can likely say about a particular breastfed baby is that their health is likely better than if s/he had received less breastmilk.
- Disclaimer: Information is provided for educational purposes only. Online information is NOT a substitute for an in-person evaluation by a qualified, independent International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or your health care provider.
- All material on this website is provided for educational purposes only, although every effort is made to provide accurate and up-to-date information.
- Unless otherwise noted, the articles at this website are not written by doctors or other health care professionals. If you are concerned about your health, or that of your child, consult with your health care provider regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.
Enjoy your visit at Maternal Treasures Happy Moms Blog. I am so pleased that you stopped by today.
HERE IS YOUR FREE PROMOCODE M294429 @Mother’s Lounge – For all of your Baby Needs
GET YOUR GIFT OF 10 PAIRS OF BREAST PADS– CONGRATULATIONS!!! & Enjoy
WANT TO LEARN HOW TO BREASTFEED FOR REAL SUCCESS? SIGN UP NOW FOR EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN YOUR BREASTFEEDING JOURNEY