Breastmilk is no doubt a natural resource for all babies. It is the factor that continues to seal the bond between mother and baby after nine months. Breastmilk comes with many advantages that exceed the infancy stage. The World Health Organization recommends that if we are going to make our world a better one, breastfeeding should be a priority goal of feeding our babies exclusively for six months, then complimenting with solid foods. It is also suggested that it can be continued up to two years.
As a new parent, it is your responsibility to ensure that your baby gets off to a great nutritional start. With your choice to breastfeed, you have joined the majority of women who understand the evidence that breastfeeding is truly not only the best but the ideal way for feeding your baby is rich with enzymes, hormones and other active substances that give the best protection against eczema, diarrhea, and respiratory infections contains immune factors.
Did you know this fascinating wonder food protect babies against pneumonia, botulism (a rare bacterial infection) , bronchitis, staphylococcal infection, influenza and ear infections? Mothers produce antibodies to whatever disease is present in their environment, helping their babies to fight the diseases that they are exposed to.
Contains immune factors that protect babies against pneumonia, botulism, bronchitis, staphylococcal infection, influenza and ear infections. Mothers produce antibodies to whatever disease is present in their environment, helping their babies to fight the diseases that they are exposed to.
- is more digestible and the proteins are more readily absorbed
- changes constantly to meet your baby’s developing needs.
- contains natural brain building Omega 3-s & many long chained fatty acids helping your baby develop cognitively.
- is FREE, whilst it may cost more than$700.00 to provide formula for a baby for 6 months
- is NEVER recalled due to malfunctioning issues.
- does not contain genetically engineered materials or synthetic growth hormones.
- is the perfect food for the optimal growth & development of the infant and cannot be duplicated.
- By breastfeeding your baby you have truly mastered the art of feeding your little star !Here is a really great breastfeeding course that I recommend to help you overcome your breastfeeding issues and succeed in your breastfeeding goals.
- Help baby to pass meconium. Colostrum is the sticky substance that is produced in minute amounts but it is rich in antibodies and nutrients that help babies to pass meconium, the sticky tar- like substance in their intestines
- Satisfy baby’s needs. Suckling on your breasts satisfy the baby’s emotional needs
- Deceases the risk of obesity and certain allergies. Breastmilk contains a complex protein leptin that that regulates the intake of energy, making them less prone to obesity as adults.
- Minimize diseases. Breastfeeding decreases the incidence of baby developing asthma, and certain childhood cancers, such as leukemia.
- Incidences of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome(SIDS),diarrheal, respiratory infections, rheumatoid arthritis, visual defects and urinary tract infections are also reduced.
- Facilitates proper dental and jaw development. Babies drinking from the breast have to use as much as 60 times more energy to get milk than those drinking from a bottle. This means a nursing baby’s jaw are receiving much more exercise that will assist the growth of we – formed jaws and straight, healthy teeth. Therefore, the longer the duration of nursing, less chance of dental malocclusion and less money to spend on corrective and less money spent at the Dentist.
- The baby’s suckling helps the uterus(which has increased during pregnancy to grow about20 times its normal size), protecting mothers from postpartum hemorrhage which means you can save on your iron levels.
- Another fascinating wonder is it facilitates faster return to pre-pregnancy state: A breastfeeding mother who eats a normal diet can loose the extra weight gained by gained during pregnancy faster as on breastfeeding requires an average of 500 extra calories.
- Reduces the risk of certain cancers. Mothers who breastfeed for at least six months have a decreased risk of breast, ovarian, endometrial and uterine cancers.
- Exclusive breastfeeding delays the return of the mother’s menses. This decreases your chances of osteoporosis and anemia.
- Relaxes and promotes bonding as it releases the hormone oxytocin in the mother’s body, relaxing her and enhancing the development of maternal behavior and bonding between mother and baby.
Lets Get It Right By Doing Right
Never Give Up! If breastfeeding is what you want to do for your baby do not give up. Initiate breastfeeding with your baby as soon as possible and do not give up readily. A good mindset before baby arrives is necessary to believe that it is possible for you. Breastfeeding does not always come naturally. Some women experience challenges that in most cases can be resolved with the help of a health professional.
You can learn as much as you can by seeking help from the experts; like a reputable book source, Midwife, or Lactation specialist. Before you are admitted in hospital to have your baby, you must make it known to your doctor or Midwife know that you wish to breast feed immediately after your baby is born.
MAKE YOUR OWN BREASTFEEDING DECISION!
You will hear many different views of breastfeeding, both positive and negative. Look deep within yourself and decide what is it YOU want. Whatever you decide is the right decision because you made it for yourself. If you choose to breastfeed, here are a few things you should do:
1.Become well informed about breastfeeding through information through a lactation consultant, attend a breastfeeding class, or healthcare provider’s office .
2. Talk to your care provider about your decision
3. If you are in doubt or have any problems, questions, concerns get the advice you need from your healthcare provider.
4. Have a positive mindset about breastfeeding and be prepared to overcome any challenges.
I hope you have learned quite a bit of this fascinating wonder- breastmilk. Know that it is truly a wonderful food. However, despite how fascinating and wonderful it is know that your personal decision is the best key to making your pregnancy journey a happy one. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to respond in the comments below. If you would like to subscribe to our mailing list, you are welcomed.
Here is a great video to understand the benefits of breastfeeding.